Recipe by Wilmom
The mushroom soup served at Sweet Tomatoes Restaurants is DELICIOUS!! After dining there, I came home and concocted this version which tastes identical to it, and has a most satisfying flavor. You MUST use dried mushrooms to get that rich flavor(economically dry your own--very inexpensive if you have a dehydrator! Store in glass jar for multiple uses.)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dried mushrooms
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Cover dried mushrooms with warm water.
- Add chicken bouillon cubes.
- Cover. Let stand 20 minutes.
- Add Half-and-Half, worcestershire sauce, and black pepper. Stir well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, dissolve 2 Tbs. cornstarch in 1/2 cup cold Half-and-Half.
- Heat soup to boiling, but when bubbles start to form around the edges of the pan, add cornstarch mixture to soup, stirring to mix well.
- Do not allow to boil!
- Turn heat down to Low.
- Simmer, stirring, till soup thickens.
- Serve hot.