Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These bars were my daughters favourite, like pecan pie.
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup corn syrup, golden lyles
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- To make base, cream butter, sugar, powder and flour well.
- Add in pecans.
- Press into a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- Bake the base at 350 degrees for 7 minutes only; remove from oven.
- Beat eggs, syrup, brown sugar, salt, vanilla and flour.
- Pour the topping over the slightly pre-cooked base.
- Do not over beat the topping.
- Sprinkle the last amount of pecans over topping.
- Bake 350 degrees F for the last 15 minutes.
- Remove to a rack.
- Cool to warm.
- Cut while still slightly warm.
- Cool completely.
- Store in covered container.