Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just lovely served hot with butter. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400F and grease muffin pan well or line cups with cupcake papers.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine eggs, milk, and butter together.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir only enough to moisten the flour (do not beat).
- Fill muffin pans and bake for 20 minutes or until done.