1/6 Photos of Rich & Moist Dark Chocolate Cake (Uses Cake Mix)
This is a decadent and rich moist dark chocolate cake recipe, but it's quick & easy as a boxed cake mix is used. You can make this simple in a bundt pan & serve without frosting with just a dusting of confectioners sugar... or you can prepare it our favorite way by making it into a delicious layer cake using canned or homemade dark chocolate frosting... This is my hubby's favorite that I make for him on Valentine's Day and his Birthday every year...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" pans with cooking spray (or spray bundt pan).
- 2Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream in large bowl on low speed for 1 minute then medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- 3Stir in chocolate chips by hand then pour batter evenly into pans.
- 4Bake for 30-35 minutes (or 40 minutes for bundt pan) until done. Remove from oven & let cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- 5Cool completely before frosting.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich & Moist Dark Chocolate Cake (Uses Cake Mix)
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.3
- Calories from Fat 278
- Total Fat 30.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 78.5 mg
- Sodium 592.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 41.3 g
- Protein 8.6 g