Recipe by BlondieItaliana
This is a decadent and rich moist dark chocolate cake recipe, but it's quick & easy as a boxed cake mix is used. You can make this simple in a bundt pan & serve without frosting with just a dusting of confectioners sugar... or you can prepare it our favorite way by making it into a delicious layer cake using canned or homemade dark chocolate frosting... This is my hubby's favorite that I make for him on Valentine's Day and his Birthday every year...
Top Review by um-um-good
This was very rich & yummy. Next time, i'm going to grate in chocolate instead of the chips-just so there aren't hard pieces & the grated chocolate will melt. Used #107379 Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. I doubled the frosting recipe & it frosted the whole cake.
- 517.37 g box dark chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml water
- 3 large eggs
- 29.58 ml sour cream (heaping tablespoons)
- 354.88 ml milk chocolate chips
- cooking spray (Bakers Joy works best)
- 510.29 g canready to spread dark chocolate frosting (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" pans with cooking spray (or spray bundt pan).
- Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream in large bowl on low speed for 1 minute then medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand then pour batter evenly into pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or 40 minutes for bundt pan) until done. Remove from oven & let cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.