This is a decadent and rich moist dark chocolate cake recipe, but it's quick & easy as a boxed cake mix is used. You can make this simple in a bundt pan & serve without frosting with just a dusting of confectioners sugar... or you can prepare it our favorite way by making it into a delicious layer cake using canned or homemade dark chocolate frosting... This is my hubby's favorite that I make for him on Valentine's Day and his Birthday every year...
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (heaping tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- cooking spray (Bakers Joy works best)
- 1 (18 ounce) canready to spread dark chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" pans with cooking spray (or spray bundt pan).
- Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream in large bowl on low speed for 1 minute then medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand then pour batter evenly into pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or 40 minutes for bundt pan) until done. Remove from oven & let cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.
This was very rich & yummy. Next time, i'm going to grate in chocolate instead of the chips-just so there aren't hard pieces & the grated chocolate will melt. Used #107379 Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting. I doubled the frosting recipe & it frosted the whole cake.
Holy Terrific!!!!!!! This cake was absolutely as described, RICH & MOIST. I only used frosting as decor as I thiught it might have been too much and didn't want to take from the flavor of the cake. This is really one of the best dark chocolate cakes I have ever made. The whole family loved it! Blondie, you are one of my favorite chefs so keep the recipes coming PLEASE!! This cake is a keeper!!!! TY for posting!!
I used a really dark chocolate cake mix and milk chocolate chips for this decadent treat. It was awesome, rich, light, fluffy, moist, tender and tall. What beautiful dark chocolate flavor. The crumb of the cake was perfect and best of all it was quick and super easy to throw together. It didn't need any frosting it was excellent with just a sprinkling of icing sugar. Thank for sharing your recipe BlondieItaliana.