This is a decadent and rich moist dark chocolate cake recipe, but it's quick & easy as a boxed cake mix is used. You can make this simple in a bundt pan & serve without frosting with just a dusting of confectioners sugar... or you can prepare it our favorite way by making it into a delicious layer cake using canned or homemade dark chocolate frosting... This is my hubby's favorite that I make for him on Valentine's Day and his Birthday every year...
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box dark chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sour cream (heaping tablespoons)
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk chocolate chips
- cooking spray (Bakers Joy works best)
- 1 (18 ounce) canready to spread dark chocolate frosting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 8" pans with cooking spray (or spray bundt pan).
- Blend together cake mix, oil, water, eggs, and sour cream in large bowl on low speed for 1 minute then medium high speed for 2 minutes.
- Stir in chocolate chips by hand then pour batter evenly into pans.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes (or 40 minutes for bundt pan) until done. Remove from oven & let cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from pans.
- Cool completely before frosting.