Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I make a batch of this stock once a month and freeze it. It came to me via an Italian friend
- 3 lbs beef or 3 lbs pork bones, with meat
- 2 lbs chicken wings or 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots, broken into chunks
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1 large tomatoes, quartered
- 2 whole garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 cup fresh Italian parsley
- 10 cups cold water
- put everything into a stockpot and bring to a boil.
- skim fat regularly off top.
- simmer 3 hours.
- strain broth and discard items.