Recipe by bluemoon downunder
I’ve adapted this recipe from one I found on the Simply Great Meals website. The original recipe uses pistachios; I’ve used honey-roasted almonds. Obviously, you could use whatever nuts you fancy or a mixture of several different nuts. Once you’ve melted your chocolate, butter and marshmallows, no more cooking is required. Great for lunchbox snacks, picnics and potlucks! For the best results, use top quality chocolate rather than cooking chocolate. I’ve suggested Lindt, and if you choose one with orange or peppermint chips, you’ll add another subtle flavour. I’ve wondered also about using a fruit juice instead of the water but haven’t tried this yet. The conversions you may need: 90g = 3oz; 250g = 8oz.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I liked the idea of the chocolate with orange chips, but couldn't find any so used dark chocolate along with a small amount of orange extract, then followed the recipe the rest of the way & had some very delicious fudge! Couldn't have been better! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]
- 1 tablespoon water
- 90 g butter, unsalted
- 250 g pink & marshmallows
- 250 g dark lindt chocolate with orange chips or 250 g dark lindt chocolate with peppermint chips, broken into squares and roughly chopped or 250 g dark chocolate, cooking broken into squares and roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup honey-roasted almond, roughly chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 16cm/6” square pan and line it with baking paper; and set aside.
- Place the water, unsalted butter and marshmallows in a pan, stirring constantly, until the marshmallows have melted; add the chocolate to the pan; remove the pan from the heat and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Fold the honey-roasted almonds or your choice of nuts into the chocolate mixture and pour the mixture into a lined 16 cm/6” square pan; allow the fudge to cool before placing it in the refrigerator to set.
- Cut the fudge into thin slices or squares and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.