1/1 Photo of Rich Low Fat Chocolate Cake (Kosher-Dairy)
Smadar's Sane Way Cc's Note:
The ultimate birthday cake! This cake is so delicious, moist and rich, you won't believe it has less than 30% fat. Top it with chocolate syrup, sprinkle to decorate and don't forget the candles....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 390 degrees F. (180 C).
- 2Grease baking pan with a little bit of the margarine.
- 3Mix the rest of the margarine with sugar and 1 whole egg until mixture is unified.
- 4Gradually and alternately add: flour, cocoa, 1 whole egg, pudding, flour, cocoa, apple sauce, pudding -- and so on, until all mixes up nicely to a homogeneous mixture.
- 5Pure into greased baking pan (square or round) and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cake is ready: dry and bouncy to touch.
- 6When the cake is ready I take it out of the oven and cover-seal it with aluminum foil until cools. This ensures the crust keeps moist.
- 7To decorate, I use chocolate syrup, usually Hershey's (w/0g fat)- and spread it all over as if it was frosting. It's good enough for the sprinkles to stick, and it adds additional moist and chocolaty flavor.
- 9*** You may substitute the dairy pudding with soy pudding to make this cake Pareve.
- 1020 Servings - Nutritional Values for 1 Serving: 202 Calories, 31.5 grams Carbohydrates, 3.2 grams Proteins, 6.6 grams Fat, 21.6 Milligrams Cholesterol - 29.4% Fat!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Low Fat Chocolate Cake (Kosher-Dairy)
Serving Size: 1 (90 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.7
- Calories from Fat 65
- Total Fat 7.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 23.0 mg
- Sodium 275.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 21.0 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: