Recipe by Smadar's Sane Way Cc
The ultimate birthday cake! This cake is so delicious, moist and rich, you won't believe it has less than 30% fat. Top it with chocolate syrup, sprinkle to decorate and don't forget the candles....
Top Review by nethope
My toddler said he wanted chocolate pudding, but recoiled when he saw it (it tasted fine). So I had some prepared pudding that neither child would eat (who knew!), so I made this chocolate cake! It's soft and moist! A week-old forgotten piece was a bit rubbery (but it was NOT stale!), so don't let it sit around. It won't replace my main chocolate cake recipe (Hershey's Deep Dark Chocolate Cake), but this cake is great for its niche!
- 125 g margarine (soft)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar (300 grams)
- 2 whole eggs (120 grams)
- 1 egg white (35 grams)
- 4 tablespoons cocoa (stuffed - 80 grams)
- 3 1⁄2 cups prepared chocolate pudding (Swiss Miss Low-Fat - 400 grams)
- 2 cups self rising flour (280 grams)
- 75 g natural applesauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees F. (180 C).
- Grease baking pan with a little bit of the margarine.
- Mix the rest of the margarine with sugar and 1 whole egg until mixture is unified.
- Gradually and alternately add: flour, cocoa, 1 whole egg, pudding, flour, cocoa, apple sauce, pudding -- and so on, until all mixes up nicely to a homogeneous mixture.
- Pure into greased baking pan (square or round) and bake for about 30 minutes, or until cake is ready: dry and bouncy to touch.
- When the cake is ready I take it out of the oven and cover-seal it with aluminum foil until cools. This ensures the crust keeps moist.
- To decorate, I use chocolate syrup, usually Hershey's (w/0g fat)- and spread it all over as if it was frosting. It's good enough for the sprinkles to stick, and it adds additional moist and chocolaty flavor.
- *** You may substitute the dairy pudding with soy pudding to make this cake Pareve.
- 20 Servings - Nutritional Values for 1 Serving: 202 Calories, 31.5 grams Carbohydrates, 3.2 grams Proteins, 6.6 grams Fat, 21.6 Milligrams Cholesterol - 29.4% Fat!