1/2 Photos of Rich Little Po Boy
Michigan Dreamer's Note:
This recipe came from the USA cookbook. A friend emailed this to me, and it is a nice meal to have on a hot night. I usually serve it up with a nice crisp salad, and fresh fruit for desssert. Hope all enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 small ripe tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 small Italian bread (12-inch)
- 1/4 lb thinly sliced rare roast beef
- 4 slices ripe brie cheese, chilled
- 4 -6 lettuce leaves, rinsed and patted dry
Remoulade Sauce (use 1/4 cup)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon tarragon vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 2 teaspoons tiny capers, drained and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 scallion, very thinly sliced (3 inches green left on)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Preheat a grill or broiler, setting the rack 3 inches from the heat source.
- 2Grill or broil the skin side of the tomato halves until just slightly charred (15 minutes for the grill, 8 minutes for the broiler).
- 3Sprinkle the cut side of the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
- 4Set them aside.
- 5Halve the bread lengthwise and scoop out the inside, both top and bottom of the loaf.
- 6Spread each cut side of the bread with the Remoulade Sauce.
- 7Arrange the roast beef evenly over the bottom half, and lay the cheese diagonally over the meat.
- 8Top with the lettuce.
- 9Place the reserved grilled tomatoes on the top half of the bread, and mash them just slightly with a fork.
- 10Invert the top over the bottom half of the sandwich, cut it in half crosswise, and serve immediately.
- 11Remoulade Sauce:.
- 12Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- 13Taste, and add more Tabasco, a drop at a time, if desired.
- 14Refrigerate, covered, until ready to use, up to 8 hours.
- 15Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Little Po Boy
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 605.1
- Calories from Fat 402
- Total Fat 44.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.6 g
- Cholesterol 70.7 mg
- Sodium 1116.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 18.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: