Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Melt in your mouth, pucker power pizazz! These muffins can be served for breakfast, brunch and beyond. These little gems are habit forming and you will never be able to make enough. Mangia!
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Melt butter. Turn off heat, stir in lemon juice, eggs and most of lemon zest, reserving some zest for garnish on top of muffins.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients and blend until well moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, sprinkle top of batter with 2 T sugar and remaining zest.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned, but do not over bake!
My family and I agree: these are not very good. Not sweet, too dense and just kind of flavourless.
These are not your typical muffins, they are more of a corn bread texture. That is the texture I was looking for, so I was very happy. These muffins are very lemony but I have to agree with the other comments (that I did not read ahead of time) the baking powder taste is way too much. I love the texture and the lemon taste and if it was not followed by a strong baking powder taste these would have been great. I will not be making this recipe again.
This was very bad. When I saw the tablespoon of baking powder, I wondered. These muffins tasted like baking powder. Perhaps the recipe is wrong.