Recipe by Momma Mia
Melt in your mouth, pucker power pizazz! These muffins can be served for breakfast, brunch and beyond. These little gems are habit forming and you will never be able to make enough. Mangia!
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin tins.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder and salt; blend well.
- Melt butter. Turn off heat, stir in lemon juice, eggs and most of lemon zest, reserving some zest for garnish on top of muffins.
- Stir egg mixture into dry ingredients and blend until well moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins, sprinkle top of batter with 2 T sugar and remaining zest.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until lightly browned, but do not over bake!