Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
From 300 Best Chocolate Recipes. Dynamite combination!
Make and share this Rich Lemon Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese beating until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon extract, lemon zest and lemon juice, beating well.
- Mix in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, just until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 70 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert cake into a large plate. Let cool completely.
- Icing: meanwhile, whisk together icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth, adding up to 1 tsp more juice if necessary for desire consistency.
- Set aside until cake is cool.
- Whisk again before drizzling or pouring over top of cake.
- When icing hardens, transfer cake to a serving platter.