Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
From 300 Best Chocolate Recipes. Dynamite combination!
Make and share this Rich Lemon Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add cream cheese beating until smooth.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add lemon extract, lemon zest and lemon juice, beating well.
- Mix in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, just until smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter in prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 70 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Carefully invert cake into a large plate. Let cool completely.
- Icing: meanwhile, whisk together icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth, adding up to 1 tsp more juice if necessary for desire consistency.
- Set aside until cake is cool.
- Whisk again before drizzling or pouring over top of cake.
- When icing hardens, transfer cake to a serving platter.
I made this cakes years ago from a pound cake cookbook that I had. Then I moved and misplaced the book and my husband has been asking for it ever since. I kept searching online for the recipe, but they were usually made from a mix. Not to knock box cakes, but I just don't do them. I love to bake so I don't mind measuring all of my ingredients. Anyway, I was so happy when I found this recipe. I was able to surprise my husband with it. It is a very moist and delicious cakes. If you love lemon and chocolate you will be in heaven. I made the glaze with extra lemon zest like one of the other views mentioned.
Absolutely delicious! Moist, lemony and rich. I deceased the sugar to 1.5 cups and increased the lemon zest because I loooove lemon. I didn't make the glaze- it was amazing without it!
For those of us who chocoholics who love the taste of lemon, this is an irresitable choice of recipe to make! I did add just a small amount of finely minced lemon zest to the glaze (enough so that you'd know it was there!) & had a GREAT TASTING DESSERT! My son took a quarter of it home for the two of them, but otherwise it was . . . MINE, ALL MINE!! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]