1 hr 25 mins
1 hr 10 mins
From 300 Best Chocolate Recipes. Dynamite combination!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package low-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Grease and flour 10-inch bundt pan.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- 4In a large bowl, using electric mixer, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- 5Add cream cheese beating until smooth.
- 6Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 7Add lemon extract, lemon zest and lemon juice, beating well.
- 8Mix in flour mixture alternately with buttermilk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of buttermilk, just until smooth.
- 9Stir in chocolate chips.
- 10Spread batter in prepared pan, smoothing top.
- 11Bake in preheated oven for about 70 minutes or until a tester inserted into center of cake comes out clean and cake starts to pull away from sides of pan.
- 12Let cake cool in pan on a rack for 15 minutes.
- 13Carefully invert cake into a large plate. Let cool completely.
- 14Icing: meanwhile, whisk together icing sugar and lemon juice until smooth, adding up to 1 tsp more juice if necessary for desire consistency.
- 15Set aside until cake is cool.
- 16Whisk again before drizzling or pouring over top of cake.
- 17When icing hardens, transfer cake to a serving platter.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Lemon Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.4
- Calories from Fat 229
- Total Fat 25.5 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 102.0 mg
- Sodium 208.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 52.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g