Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
I made this recipe this weekend for my superbowl party. I think this one is a little different than the typical lemon bars; the filling tastes incredible.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unsifted flour, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup cold margarine or 3⁄4 cup butter
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In medium bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour and 1/2 cup powdered sugar; cut in margarine until crumbly.
- Press only bottom of lightly greased 13x9 baking pan; bake 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine eggs, granulated sugar, baking powder, lemon juice and remaining 3 tablespoons flour; mix well.
- Pour over baked crust; bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
- Sprinkle with additional powdered sugar.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
This recipe was made on 7/21/09 for the " Summer Comfort Cafe 2009 " event. Since I was the only one that was going to eat these, the recipe was cut in half.And I ran into a few problems, first of all the reduced amount of margarine wasn't enough to get the crust ingredients blended together. So, if I make this again, I'll add a bit more. Next, with cutting this in half there didn't seem to be enough filling. So, I'm going to make the full amount and adjust the baking time.Even after all the slight problems, the lemon flavor was very good. Thanks for taking the time to post this recipe and, " Keep Smiling :) "