Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These cookies are rich, fabulous and easy! The original recipe is by Diane of Created by Diane, but I've tweaked it to my liking. The icing that goes with these is Italian Icing.
- 3 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs with melted butter until well blended.
- In large bowl stir together flour, sugar and baking powder, make a well in the center of the dry ingredients, add the egg mixture and then vanilla. Mix until shiny, about 2 minutes. Cover bowl with waxed paper and let the dough stand at room temperature for 20 minutes. When rolling out this dough, don’t be afraid to add flour. It will not make the dough tough.
- Roll out dough to 3/8inch thick and cut into shapes with cookie cutter. Place on prepared cookie sheet (parchment paper or silicone baking sheet). Bake 12 minutes. Let cookies completely cool before icing. Makes approximately 3 dozen 2 inch cookies.