Recipe by tazdevilfan
The dark chocolate flavor, with a hint of rum extract, is not overly sweet but will still satisfy a chocoholic's cravings.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made for PAC, Spring 07 ~ Now this is a great chocoholic sauce [oops, I mean chocolate!], & I'll be keeping this one, that's for sure! I even like it for dipping such things as pretzels, jicama, fingers, whatever! See, I KNEW my adopted kids would have great taste!!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup baking cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup, plus
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 -2 teaspoon rum extract
Directions See How It's Made
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and butter. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until butter is melted. Add the sugars and salt; cook and stir until sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes. Stir in the cocoa and corn syrup; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until cocoa is blended.
- Add chocolate; cook and stir 3-4 minutes longer or until chocolate is melted. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 12-16 minutes or until desired thickness is reached, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in extracts. Cool slightly. Serve warm over ice cream. Refrigerate leftovers.