Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a very rich hot fudge cake that I got hooked on when I was expecting our daughter - just couldn't get enough of it and now she loves chocolate....Hum... Anyway, this is a easy recipe that I love warm with ice cream and my husband loves cold and plain. Happy gobbling!:o)
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups hot water
- Combine flour, sugar, 2 T cocoa, baking powder, and salt; stir in milk, oil, and vanilla until smooth.
- Spread in an ungreased 9" square pan.
- Combine brown sugar and remaining 4 T cocoa; sprinkle over batter.
- Pour hot water over all; DO NOT STIR.
- Bake@ 350 for 35-40 min.
- Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.
Great eggless cake! I made it this afternoon. Enjoyed it warm with chilled vanilla ice-cream - real melt in the mouth delight! Thanks for sharing - I dont blame your daughter for liking it so much!! :-)
My family felt that this cake was not sweet enough. We are all big sweet eaters and the sweeter the better!! I probably will not make this cake again.
Tasted like it was missing something. Not sure exactly what it was, but it just tasted bland. I won't be making this again.