Recipe by SouthernBell2627
I found this recipe on a great website. The website is hillbillyhousewife.com. This site has alot of great recipes on it. Excellent country cooking website!
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure water into a 2-quart sauce pan. Add sugar, cocoa and salt. Heat water over medium heat. Stir mixture until cocoa dissolves completely. Gently bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a fast simmer and simmer it for about 5 minutes. Finally add the evaporated milk and stir to blend. Reheat briefly, but don't boil. Pour the hot chocolate into small mugs.
- This recipe makes 4 6-ounce size servings.
- I added a spoonful of whipped topping on the top of each filled mug. It was delicious!