Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on a great website. The website is hillbillyhousewife.com. This site has alot of great recipes on it. Excellent country cooking website!
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 dash salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Measure water into a 2-quart sauce pan. Add sugar, cocoa and salt. Heat water over medium heat. Stir mixture until cocoa dissolves completely. Gently bring mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat to a fast simmer and simmer it for about 5 minutes. Finally add the evaporated milk and stir to blend. Reheat briefly, but don't boil. Pour the hot chocolate into small mugs.
- This recipe makes 4 6-ounce size servings.
- I added a spoonful of whipped topping on the top of each filled mug. It was delicious!
Very yummy! Yes rich!!!!! I enjoyed topped with whipped cream and sprinkled with Chocolate Cinnamon Toast. I did skip the salt. Made for comfort cafe. Thanks!
I enjoyed this with the whipped cream! The salt really ups the flavor! Thank you for a yummy morning drink! Made for the Comfort Cafe/Recipe of the Day!
WOWSER! Made for Comfort Cafe this morning as it is blustery and kids stayed over last nite. They were leaving in the nasty this morning so sent them with a carafe of this cocoa. Made with Ghiradelli cocoa (from Breezermom). Added in a bit more sugar for the youngins (LOL) I liked as is. I added whipped cream to mine in a mug and just thought this is great at 5:45 this morning. I did leave out the salt dietary restrictions. Came out great!