Recipe by JessFontenot
I make this perfectly rich and easy hot chocolate for myself most mornings. It's lowfat, sugar free, and I'd rather the antioxidants from this versus caffeine from coffee. This is way better than those questionable, hardly chocolatey, who-knows-whats-in-them packets.
Top Review by Lalaloula
I made this for lunch today and enjoyed it a lot. My sis also taste-tested it and loved it. :) I used oat milk in place of the regular milk and since that's naturally more sweet, I left out the splenda. The cocoa was rich as stated, very easy and quick to make and just perfect on this cool fall day. THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing this lovely recipe with us, Jess!
Made and reviewed for one of my babies during PAC Fall 2011.
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, Ghirardelli
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Splenda sugar substitute
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat milk in mug in microwave until hot, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in quickly cocoa powder, salt, and Splenda. Stir briskly to incorporate any cocoa lumps. If the cocoa is lumping too much after a lot of stirring, your milk may not be hot enough, so nuke it a minute more.
- Stir till well incorporated and enjoy.