I begged for this recipe from my next-door neighbor, when I was in jr. high. She and her sisters used to do some catering on the side, and this was one of their most requested items. This recipe utilizes yellow cake mix for the crust, and not a single egg! Rich, gooey, and oh so good! (NOTE: Pillsbury Moist Deluxe is the best cake mix for these.)
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cut butter into cake mix. Pat into greased pan.
- Cover crust with the pecan halves.
- In a saucepan, cook the brown sugar, white sugar, honey, and butter over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the cream.
- Pour mixture over pecan halves.
- Bake 17 - 22 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.