1/2 Photos of Rich & Gooey Pecan Pie Bars
Me & Mr. Jones's Note:
I begged for this recipe from my next-door neighbor, when I was in jr. high. She and her sisters used to do some catering on the side, and this was one of their most requested items. This recipe utilizes yellow cake mix for the crust, and not a single egg! Rich, gooey, and oh so good! (NOTE: Pillsbury Moist Deluxe is the best cake mix for these.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix (Moist Deluxe)
- 1/4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1Grease a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- 2Cut butter into cake mix. Pat into greased pan.
- 3Cover crust with the pecan halves.
- 4In a saucepan, cook the brown sugar, white sugar, honey, and butter over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- 5Remove from heat, and add the cream.
- 6Pour mixture over pecan halves.
- 7Bake 17 - 22 minutes or until bubbly.
- 8Let cool completely before cutting into squares.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich & Gooey Pecan Pie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1741 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 370.5
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.7 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 28.6 mg
- Sodium 228.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 28.7 g
- Protein 2.6 g