Recipe by Me & Mr. Jones
I begged for this recipe from my next-door neighbor, when I was in jr. high. She and her sisters used to do some catering on the side, and this was one of their most requested items. This recipe utilizes yellow cake mix for the crust, and not a single egg! Rich, gooey, and oh so good! (NOTE: Pillsbury Moist Deluxe is the best cake mix for these.)
Top Review by DPar
I have had this recipe printed out for three years and finally made it. I should have read the reviews because it was gooey and I did panic then put it in the freezer for a bit so I could cut them and oh they are delicious. I am taking them to a party tomorrow and I bet I get asked for the recipe. Thanks.
- 1 (18 ounce) box Pillsbury yellow cake mix (Moist Deluxe)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (no substitutes)
- 4 cups pecan halves
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a 9x13 pan. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Cut butter into cake mix. Pat into greased pan.
- Cover crust with the pecan halves.
- In a saucepan, cook the brown sugar, white sugar, honey, and butter over medium heat. Bring to a boil, and boil for 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and add the cream.
- Pour mixture over pecan halves.
- Bake 17 - 22 minutes or until bubbly.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.