1/2 Photos of Rich, Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Soooooo good - tastes just like a brownie should. Even the most experienced dessert eaters wouldn't guess they are vegan. Recipe from Vancouver magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup brewed coffee
- 3/4 cup soymilk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup walnuts, roasted and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 cup carob chips
Glaze for extra decadance
- 1Sift together the flour, sugar, baking powder and soda, and salt.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the coffee, soy milk, and oil.
- 3Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix; then stir in the nuts and chocolate chips.
- 4Pour batter (it will be quite liquidy) into a greased 9x9" pan and bake at 325º for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- 5(Note- for a smaller pan, the baking time could be substantially longer- a 7x10 pan took about 40 minutes).
- 6For glaze- melt the chocolate and margarine and whisk, then drizzle over brownies.
- 7(Note- this is a lot of glaze- an ounce of chocolate and a tablespoon of margarine makes a nice amount).
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich, Fudgy Vegan Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.2
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 390.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 31.1 g
- Protein 3.1 g