Recipe by valgal123
For years I have been looking for a pumpkin brownie recipe and I'm so happy I came across a good recipe like this one. Its easy to put together and has a dense, rich texture like regular chocolate brownies, but with pumpkin. I found the recipe at bakingbites.com
Top Review by StickyToffee
I was so looking forward to eating these but was rather disappointed. They seemed surprisingly bland considering the spices and the texture was more gummy than fudgey. I generally prefer dense, fudgey brownies and blondies to cakey ones, but someone this just didn't work for me.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin puree
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Lightly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in spices, salt, the egg and the pumpkin puree. Sift flour into the bowl and stir it in, mixing until just combined. Add in pecans and stir to evenly distribute the nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the brownies are just just lightly browned at the edges and the center is set (it may look moist, but will not be sticky when lightly pressed). Cool in the pan before slicing.