1/5 Photos of Rich, Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Grease a 13x9 inch pan.
- 3Melt shortening, butter over low heat or in the microwave.
- 4Remove from heat and add cocoa, blending well with a wooden spoon.
- 5Add sugar and mix well.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beat well, by hand, after each addition. (It is important to add the eggs individually and to mix them by hand. If you don't, the brownies do not turn out near as good.).
- 7Stir in vanilla, flour, and salt.
- 8DO NOT OVER BEAT!
- 9Fold in nuts.
- 10Bake 25-30 minutes.
- 11Cool completely before cutting.
- 12Extra Rich Variation: melt 4 oz. unsweetened baking chocolate with butter and shortening. Proceed as directed; reducing cocoa to 3/4 cups and increasing flour to 1 1/4 cup. These are sinfully good!
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich, Fudgy Cocoa Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (77 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 290.2
- Calories from Fat 133
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 150.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.7 g
- Protein 3.6 g