Recipe by SallyD
I have been making this recipe for years. It is very rich and fudgy, and can be a bit gooey if not cooked for the right length of time. Check by testing the center for gooeyness (is that a word? lol)
Top Review by Veggie_Cook
I LOVED these!!! I made them twice. The first time I made these, I actually messed up, but they turned out SO much better then the second time.
The recipe says to add the sugar THEN the eggs. The first time I made these, I messed up and added the egg first. I looks really gross and coagulated but then you need to put in the sugar and it comes together. Then you can just follow the recipe as is.
The second time that I made these I followed the recipe correctly, and they were dry and cakey.
P.S. I made these in a 9x13 pan, and cooked them for 20 minutes.
Thanks for posting!!!
- 177.44 ml butter
- 118.29-177.44 ml cocoa powder (depending on how rich you want them)
- 59.16 ml oil
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml flour
- 236.59 ml nuts, chopped (I use pecans)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a sauce pan on low heat. Add Cocoa and oil and remove from heat. Stir in sugar till completly mixed. Cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing throughly after each addition.
- Stir in flour, salt, vanilla and nuts and mix completly. Pour into greased 9x9 pan and bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes Cool and cut into squares.