Recipe by babyparentingguide
This is about the fudgiest, heaviest brownie I've ever baked. I'm not too much a fan of the light, cakey brownie, so this one hits the spot.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 1⁄2 cups dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use baking spray on a Baker's Edge pan or 9 x 13 pan. (Don't try to make this in a smaller pan unless you half the recipe -- it's a lot of batter.).
- I usually don't use a mixer on brownie batters, but this one comes out thick. So, mix the butter sugar and vanilla on low speed until creamy.
- Beat in each egg separately until well blended.
- Whisk together the flour, cocoa and salt in another bowl.
- Mix the flour mix with the butter/egg mix until well blended.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread into the prepared pan and bake for 40 minutes.
- A toothpick will not come out clean until this is basically a brick, so don't use that test. If it comes out with crumbly bits on it rather than wet slime, it's done.