Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Gourmet Magazine
Make and share this Rich Fudge Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped walnuts
- In a small heavy saucepan melt chocolate and 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter over low heat, stirring until mixture is smooth.
- Let mixture cool completely.
- In a large bowl with electric mixer cream together the remaining 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter and sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla and chocolate mixture.
- Add flour and salt, stirring until mixture is blended well.
- Stir in the nuts.
- Pour the batter into a buttered and floured 13x9x2-inch baking pan, smoothing the top. Bake 30 to 40 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Let brownies cool completely before cutting.