Recipe by Nicole Brummett
For all of those French onion soup lovers out there, here's one that can cook while you are doing everything else you have to do during your day. I got this one from Quick Cooking magazine.
Top Review by Sandy One
Scrolling through for crock-pot recipe today and discovered this one. YUP! have tried it and loved it! Came as close to French Onion Soup made at one of my favorite restaurants. It makes a big batch, smell wonderful cooking, and reheats well! Thanks for sharing it!
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 slices French bread, toasted
- shredded parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in butter until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to an ungreased 5-quart slow cooker/crock pot.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until the onions are tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Top each serving with french bread and cheeses.