Prep 30 mins
Cook 7 hrs
For all of those French onion soup lovers out there, here's one that can cook while you are doing everything else you have to do during your day. I got this one from Quick Cooking magazine.
- 6 large onions, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 6 (10 1/2 ounce) cans condensed beef broth, undiluted
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 10 slices French bread, toasted
- shredded parmesan cheese
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, sauté onions in butter until crisp-tender.
- Transfer to an ungreased 5-quart slow cooker/crock pot.
- Add the broth, Worcestershire sauce, and bay leaves.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 7 hours or until the onions are tender.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Top each serving with french bread and cheeses.
Scrolling through for crock-pot recipe today and discovered this one. YUP! have tried it and loved it! Came as close to French Onion Soup made at one of my favorite restaurants. It makes a big batch, smell wonderful cooking, and reheats well! Thanks for sharing it!
I used boullion powder and it was delish! Thanks for Sharing : )
I made this for the blizzard over the weekend, I did have to subsitute A! for the worcestershire sauce since I couldn't leave my house to go anywhere, so that could be the problem but it just seemed to be missing something. My husband loved it though.