Super-moist chocolate cake that starts from a mix. Adapted from Hellman's Super-Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake. Recipe from Country Living.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 8-inch cake pans with non-stock cooking spray. Line bottoms with wax or parchment paper and spray paper. Dust with flour; set aside.
- Cake: Beat devil’s food cake mix, cocoa, mayonnaise, eggs and water until blended. Beat two more minutes on high. Divide cake batter evenly into two pans.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until tests done. Cool for 20 minutes in pans and then remove onto racks. Peel off paper to cool completely.
- Filling: Whisk frosting, sour cream and vanilla. Transfer 1 1/2 cups into a medium bowl and stir in almonds and coconut; set aside.
- Frost the Cake: Using a serrated knife, split each cake in half. Place one layer, split side down, on serving platter. Place 1/3 of filling on top of layer and spread evenly. Repeat with following layers until final cake layer. Spread frosting over the top and sides of cake. Can store up to 4 days.