1/1 Photo of Rich Four Layer Chocolate Cake
Super-moist chocolate cake that starts from a mix. Adapted from Hellman's Super-Moist Chocolate Mayo Cake. Recipe from Country Living.
My Private Note
4 layer ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 2 8-inch cake pans with non-stock cooking spray. Line bottoms with wax or parchment paper and spray paper. Dust with flour; set aside.
- 2Cake: Beat devil’s food cake mix, cocoa, mayonnaise, eggs and water until blended. Beat two more minutes on high. Divide cake batter evenly into two pans.
- 3Bake about 35 minutes or until tests done. Cool for 20 minutes in pans and then remove onto racks. Peel off paper to cool completely.
- 4Filling: Whisk frosting, sour cream and vanilla. Transfer 1 1/2 cups into a medium bowl and stir in almonds and coconut; set aside.
- 5Frost the Cake: Using a serrated knife, split each cake in half. Place one layer, split side down, on serving platter. Place 1/3 of filling on top of layer and spread evenly. Repeat with following layers until final cake layer. Spread frosting over the top and sides of cake. Can store up to 4 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Four Layer Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (146 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 565.1
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.3 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 590.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 55.3 g
- Protein 6.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: