Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
The recipe may be reduced by half half to make 1 cup, if you are reducing the recipe by half use only a small amount of salt, or if you are on a sodium reduced diet you can omit the salt totally! This can also be made in the microwave.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml sifted unsweetened baking cocoa
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml evaporated skim milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and pinch salt.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and whisk constantly over LOW heat for 3 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil; whisk simmering for another 1-2 minutes longer over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or cold.
This chocolate sauce is wonderful! The "thickness" is exactly what I expect of a fudge sauce. My sauce also did not boil but as I saw all the previous comments, I didn't worry and just cooked it for about 6 or 7 minutes on a medium heat. (I thought that by turning it up to medium I may have a better chance of getting it to a boil) I did constantly whisk the sauce.
This is pretty good! It turned out pretty good! The fudge sauce is a little thicker than I wanted...almost to pudding consistency!!! I will mix a little milk or heavy cream before serving!! We are having people over tonight for dinner: Taco bar with beans and rice....and for dessert: Homemade ice cream in a bag with Fudge sauce and Caramel topping (Kittencal's recipe: #78088)
Excellent!!!! Mine didn't boil either, but it worked out fine. Very tasty!!