Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
The recipe may be reduced by half half to make 1 cup, if you are reducing the recipe by half use only a small amount of salt, or if you are on a sodium reduced diet you can omit the salt totally! This can also be made in the microwave.
Top Review by joynewman007
This chocolate sauce is wonderful! The "thickness" is exactly what I expect of a fudge sauce. My sauce also did not boil but as I saw all the previous comments, I didn't worry and just cooked it for about 6 or 7 minutes on a medium heat. (I thought that by turning it up to medium I may have a better chance of getting it to a boil) I did constantly whisk the sauce.
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml sifted unsweetened baking cocoa
- 14.79 ml cornstarch
- 0.25 ml salt
- 236.59 ml evaporated skim milk
- 14.79 ml vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small heavy-bottomed saucepan combine sugar, cocoa, cornstarch and pinch salt.
- Stir in the evaporated milk and whisk constantly over LOW heat for 3 minutes or until the mixture comes to a boil; whisk simmering for another 1-2 minutes longer over low heat until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Serve warm or cold.