- 6 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups brandy
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 4 cups milk
- 4 cups cream
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- nutmeg (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Separate yolks and whites.
- Beat yolks slowly while adding sugar; beat until the mixture is pale and golden.
- Slowly add brandy and rum, beat in milk and half the cream.
- Set aside until just before serving.
- Whisk whites until stiff, fold into the eggnog mixture.
- Whip remaining cream and icing sugar until thick.
- Top each glass with whipped cream and a shake of nutmeg.