Prep 3 hrs
Cook 45 mins
A soft and tasty bread.
- 4 (1/4 ounce) packages yeast
- 3 cups milk, lukewarm
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 12 cups all-purpose flour
- Dissolve yeast in warm water. Stir in milk, sugar, salt, eggs, shortening and 6 cups flour. Beat until smooth; mix in enough remaining flour to make dough easy to handle.
- Turn dough onto floured board; knead until smooth and elastic.
- Place in greased bowl, greased side up. Cover, let rise 2 hours.
- Punch dough down; divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape into loaves and place in greased loaf pans.
- Cover, let rise again about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Fantastic taste! This is the easiest and softest bread I have ever made. Taste is out of this world. Thank you for posting this marvelous receipe.