Recipe by Trilby
These biscuits are delicious on Sunday morning, especially with sausage gravy. I always have buttermilk on hand to make these and my famous pancakes. Buttermilk keeps quite well and if you like these biscuits, you will want to have a quart in your fridge at all times!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- Stir flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream and stir to enough to distribute in the flour mixture but without completely blending it inches.
- Add buttermilk and stir just to combine the ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet and remove from heat.
- Drop dollops of dough into the butter and turn them once so the tops are coated.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes till lightly browned.