Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These biscuits are delicious on Sunday morning, especially with sausage gravy. I always have buttermilk on hand to make these and my famous pancakes. Buttermilk keeps quite well and if you like these biscuits, you will want to have a quart in your fridge at all times!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 390 degrees.
- Stir flour, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Add sour cream and stir to enough to distribute in the flour mixture but without completely blending it inches.
- Add buttermilk and stir just to combine the ingredients.
- Melt the butter in a cast iron skillet and remove from heat.
- Drop dollops of dough into the butter and turn them once so the tops are coated.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes till lightly browned.
Had a problem because there was not enough liquid (had to add a bit of water). I thought they were okay (a bit chewy). The directions for this recipe need to be tweeked a bit.
The directions for this recipe need to be tweeked a bit. I wasn't sure if I was supposed to cook the biscuits in the cast iron pan or not, and how big the biscuits were supposed to be. Mine ended up cooking for close to 30 minutes. Also had a problem because there was not enough liquid (had to add a bit of water). I thought they were okay (a bit chewy). Dh loved them though! Thanks for sharing!