Recipe by Maddy B
I've been hunting for a GREAT homemade brownie recipe forever. I wanted dense, fudgy brownies that used ingredients I always have around the house. Finally, I broke down and created one. I combined a couple of the recipes that were best, and added my own creative tweaks, and the results were absolutely delicious!
- 1 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup quality cocoa powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9X9 inch cake pan. Other sized cake pan can be substituted, but a larger pan will result in thinner brownies, so reduce the heat to 325.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Stir in sugars, cocoa powder, eggs and vanilla. Once fully incorporated, add salt, flour and baking powder. Mix. Last, add chocolate chips and nuts (if desired).
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until a knife inserted into center comes out almost clean. Top should be crusty, and sides should be separated from the pan.