Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My dad loved pork, this is one of his favourite ways to prepared pork chops...try them you'll see, how good they can be...come on I dare you!...If you like it spicy add more of the spices.
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick (4 - 6 chops)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple cider or 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Trim fat from pork chops.
- Slash the sides with a knife, in two or three places.
- Brown the chops in oil.
- Place the chops in a single layer in a large cooking dish.
- Blend all remaining ingredients together and pour over the pork chops.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake for 1 hour in a 350°F oven.
Excellent chops and very easy to make. The flavour is much like a sweet and sour sauce, but tangier. I'll use this recipe again, thanks!
These pork chops were delicious!! Loved the flavor of the sauce and how easy this was to make. Thank You.
I can well see why this has no many excellent reviews; however, I'm having a hard time understanding why I haven't made these before now. The tangy sweetness is a wonderful combination. The meat is moist and tender. These were served with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans and Pearl Onions. I will be making this recipe again. Made for Aussie Swap.