Recipe by Noo
This is a very grown up dessert! It's deliciously rich, seriously chocolaty and very easy to make...what more do you want?! Timings do not include chill time.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Although I provided the recipe (well, actually you did that!) & the kitchen expertise (more or less!), & did get a friend of mine (who has a great ice cream maker & loves making the stuff) to process the whole thing, & she did a great job! Absolutely loved this sorbet, & it's definitely something for a dedicated chocoholic! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 4 ounces molasses sugar
- 2 ounces cocoa powder
- 1 pint water
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, the best quality you can get
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the sugar, cocoa powder and the water into a saucepan; bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the sugar sticking. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat,then add the roughly chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then leave the mixture to cool.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen OR place in a freezer-proof container and freeze. Whisk after 45 minutes with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Repeat 3 times then freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving to soften.
- Very good served with some fresh raspberries!