This is a very grown up dessert! It's deliciously rich, seriously chocolaty and very easy to make...what more do you want?! Timings do not include chill time.
- Put the sugar, cocoa powder and the water into a saucepan; bring to the boil, stirring occasionally to prevent the sugar sticking. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Take off the heat,then add the roughly chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate has melted, then leave the mixture to cool.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and churn until frozen OR place in a freezer-proof container and freeze. Whisk after 45 minutes with a fork to break up the ice crystals. Repeat 3 times then freeze for at least 6 hours.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving to soften.
- Very good served with some fresh raspberries!