Recipe by *Parsley*
These get their richness from cream cheese and lots of butter. The dough is easy to make and is rather easy to work with, too! Prep time includes chilling time.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, cream cheese, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually beat in the flour.
- Cover and chill for 2-3 hours.
- After chilled, roll dough onto lightly floured surface to about 1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shaped w/ cookie cutters. Place onto nonstick (or lightly greased regular) cookie sheets, 1" apart.
- Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes until lightly gold (NOT brown) at edges.
- Cool for 5 minutes before moving to wire rack.