Recipe by cookingpompom
Not your average butter cake! Custard powder added makes this rich enough to be decadent, but it is so easy to prepare. An old family favourite.
- 1 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄4 cup custard powder
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 125 g very soft butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your oven to 170 degrees Celcius.
- Grease and line a 20cmx20cm square cake tin.
- Place all the ingredients into a large bowl.
- Beat on high for 2-3 minutes until combined and the mixture is thick and a light creamy colour.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake for 1 hour.