Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
This truly is a heavenly dessert! I found this a while ago online and had to save it. I never heard of a white chocolate bread pudding and this just sounds incredible!
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 10 ounces white chocolate
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced into 1/4 inch pieces & dried in oven
- 2 tablespoons chocolate shavings, for garnish
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 3 ounces heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 275°.
- Heat cream in a double boiler. Add the white chocolate. When melted, remove from heat.
- In a double boiler, heat the milk, sugar, eggs and egg yolks until warm.
- Blend the egg mixture into the cream and chocolate mixture.
- Place bread slices in baking pan.
- Pour 1/2 the mixture over the bread. Let it set for a while, allowing bread to soak up mixture.
- Top with the rest of the mixture.
- Cover with aluminum foil.
- Bake 1 hour. Remove the foil and bake an additional 15 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Sauce: Carefully melt the white chocolate in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and mix in heavy cream.
- Spoon over the bread pudding.