Recipe by swissms
This is not an authentic recipe for key lime pie but I think it is even better. Creamy, smooth, not overly sweet, quick & easy....just perfect. Makes two pies if using 9-inch store-bought graham cracker crusts.
Top Review by Boomette
I made the recipe for 1 pie. It was great. It was my first time doing a key lime pie. Even though I used regular lime. My son helped me to mix the ingredients. It's so yummy. I made a graham crumb crust. Thanks Swissms :) Made for PRMR tag game
- 2 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crust or 1 deep dish pie shell
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3⁄4 cup key lime juice (I use bottled key lime juice)
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1 -2 cup sweetened whipped cream or 1 -2 cup creme fraiche
- With an electric mixer, blend cream cheese, lime juice, and condensed milk until smooth. Add zest and mix just until combined. Pour filling into prepared crust. Chill pie at least 6 hours and up to 1 day. Serve topped with sweetened whipped cream or crÃ¨me fraÃ®che.