Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a delicious cake I like to have with my morning coffee. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cubed
- In large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Combine the sour cream and vanilla; add to creamed mixture alternately with dry ingredients.
- Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle 2 T into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan.
- For glaze, in a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter; stir until smooth.
- Spoon half of the batter over topping; sprinkle with half of the remaining topping.
- Drizzle with half of the glaze.
- Top with remaining batter; sprinkle with remaining topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Warm remaining glaze; drizzle over coffee cake.
- Serve warm, if desired.
This cake is so moist. I was expecting it to be a little more dense. I had a little difficulty getting it out of the bundt pan in one piece but this recipe is definitely a keeper.