1/1 Photo of Rich Chocolatey Fudge Brownies
These brownies are so incredibly moist and rich but they still have little to no fat. Whenever I make them at my house, they're usually gone within a day or two. They can be cooked in almost any metal pan as long as the batter doesn't go any higher than 2/3s of the way up the sides but I usually use a 9 x 13 pan.They're great alone but taste even better reheated in the microwave for a few seconds with a dollop of whipped cream on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup cocoa
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs (or 8 egg whites, I usually do two normal eggs and 3 or 4 egg whites)
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Grease pan or spray with pam.
- 3Combine applesauce and cocoa until smooth.
- 4Add sugar and beat until smooth.
- 5Add eggs gradually, making sure each one is thoroughly mixed inches.
- 6Add vanilla, flour and salt and mix until moist.
- 7Add any additions (nuts, fruit, marshmallows, spices ect.).
- 8Pour into baking pan and bake for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven. Try the toothpick trick at the 20 minute mark and if it comes up with only a few crumbs, the brownies are finished.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Rich Chocolatey Fudge Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 189.0
- Calories from Fat 16
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 97.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 27.0 g
- Protein 3.4 g