Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These were one of the many things that were on my dishes of christmas treats that I gave away last year to friends. I had numerous requests to make them again and again!
- Heat heavy cream, butter and sugar in medium sauce pan over medium heat to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Chop chocolate bars finely and add to saucepan,let stand 30 seconds.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Stir in flavored liqueur.
- Place saucepan in a bowl of ice water.
- Beat chocolate mixture until it thickens, holds its shape and is firm enough to pipe, using a hand-held mixer at medium speed.
- Transfer ganache to pastry bag fitted with a 1/2 inch plain tip.
- Pipe 1 inch mounds onto baking sheet.
- Freeze truffles for 15 minutes or until just firm enough to shape.
- With hands dusted with confectioners' sugar, gently roll ganache into 1 inch balls.
- Refrigerate 10 minutes or just until firm.
- Coat the truffles-.
- Roll 1/3 of the truffles in confectioners' sugar. Roll another third in cocoa powder. Then roll remaining truffles in nuts.
- Store truffles in airtight containers in refrigerator up to 5 days.
- To serve-.
- Remove truffles from refrigerator 30 minutes before serving. Place each truffle in a small decorative paper baking cup and arrange on serving plate.
- Yield: 30 truffles.
Divine. GAve as a birthday gift and they were much appreciated