Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
I have never tried this interesting sounding candy. I'm submitting it for a request on the recipe board. The recipe does not say how many it makes. So if you try this please let us know:)
- 2 1⁄2 cups vanilla wafers, crushed
- 1 cup almonds, toasted and ground
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1⁄2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1⁄3 cup coffee liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- *Note:Apple juice may be substituted for coffee liqueur if desired.
- In medium bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, ground almonds, the 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and cinnamon.
- Blend in chocolate, pumpkin, and coffee liqueur.
- Form into 1-inch balls.
- Dust with remaining powdered sugar just before serving.
I just tried this recipe, I did alter it a bit. I melted the chocolate instead of using the chips whole. They will get this cool marbled effect if you don't mix it all up. They are really tasty and very rich! I'll make them again. They were also quite easy to make.