Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This pudding tastes like chocolate mousse, but has lower calories.
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups low-fat milk or 2 cups nonfat milk
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In medium saucepan place sugar, cocoa powder and cornstarch over medium-high heat.
- Add in milk gradually, while stirring constantly until the pudding starts to thicken up (apprx 5 min).
- Lower heat to medium-low and add chocolate and stir until it is melted and mixed in well.
- Continue heating for another 5 minutes and then remove from heat and cool for another 5 minutes.
- Then add vanilla in and put into bowls.
- Eat now, or put into fridge until ready to eat.
This is decadent rich pudding! Such a rich chocolate flavor and perfect smooth texture. I used 1/4 cup semi sweet chips instead of the bittersweet chocolate. Yum!
Talk about yummy! After my kids had a spontaneous craving for chocci mousse, I got this recipe out and gave it a whirl. I had to use soy milk due to allergies and a dark orange chocolate block cause that's all I had, and it was still awesome! Left it for a while to help set... Thank you for this!!
This is pretty good. I added an extra tablespoon of cocoa after tasting the mixture, because it seemed a bit too sweet. It also tasted better after it was refrigerated. However, no one else seemed to care for it. Oh well, it beats the boxed stuff!