Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A quick and easy recipe for a chocolate fix.
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Grease 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Microwave 1 1/2 cups morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR.
- (The morsels may retain some of their original shape.).
- If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in melted chocolate.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture alternately with milk.
- Spoon into prepared Bundt pan.
- Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 30 minutes.
- Invert cake onto wire rack to cool completely.
- MICROWAVE remaining morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds; knead bag.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut a small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over cake.
Perfect. Thanks for posting!
It was good. Kids didn't really eat it which was strange, because it was chocolate. Nice though.