Prep 8 mins
Cook 25 mins
These muffins are dense, intensely chocolatey and not too bad for you considered that they are after all chocolate muffins. I hope youll enjoy them as much as we did! :)
- 75 g flour
- 50 g whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 40 g sugar substitute (can use regular, too)
- 1 egg, beaten (small)
- 150 ml skim milk
- 3 tablespoons dark chocolate spread (can use nutella, too)
- 2 tablespoons chocolate-covered raisins (optional)
- In a big bowl combine flours, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In a second bowl combine egg, milk and chocolate spread. Mix well to incorporate the chocolate spread.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and stir to combine. Do not overmix dough.
- Fold in chocolate covered raisins if using.
- Fill batter into prepared muffin tins and bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.