Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A Kathleen Stewart recipe. Use a premium brand chocolate - like Callebaut or Lindt. The really great thing about this muffin is you can make the batter up when you have time, and keep it refrigerated for up to a week! Freshly-baked muffins whenever you want them.
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 8 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1 1⁄4 lbs unsalted butter
- 1 lb all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 12 eggs, cracked into a bowl
- In a saucepan, melt the two chocolates with the butter. Cool slightly. In a large bowl, mix the flour and sugar. Whisk the eggs into the dry ingredients. Pour the chocolate into the egg mixture and stir until well blended; chill at least 3 hours.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Line a muffin tin with muffin papers. Scoop about 1/2 cup batter into each tin so that the curve of the batter is even with the rim of the cup (refrigerate extra batter in an airtight container for up to a week).
- Bake the muffins until the tops puff and crackle and are slightly soft to the touch, and a toothpick stuck in the center has moist but not wet crumbs clinging to it, about 30 minute.