Recipe by pkothari
From 200 Veggie Feasts Note: For chocolate and orange mousse, follow the recipe above but add the finely grated zest of 1 large orange and 2 tbsp Grand Marnier to the melted chocolate and cream.
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, broken into pieces
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- unsweetened cocoa powder, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Put the chocolate and cream in a heatproff bowl set over a saucepan of gently simmering water (do not let the bowl touch the water).
- Stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Then beat in the egg yolks one at a time.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate clean bowl with an electric mixer until stiff.
- Lightly fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until combined.
- Spoon the mousse into 4 ramekins or dessert glasses and chill for 2 hours.
- Dust with cocoa powder before serving.