Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Ice cream freezer required.
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, unsifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 1⁄2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 4 cups light cream
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in medium saucepan, gradually stir in milk.
- Blend in eggs, add baking chocolate.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture boils, boil and stir 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, add vanilla.
- Beat with wire whisk until mixture is smooth.
- Chill thoroughly.
- Add light cream to chilled mixture.
- Freeze in ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's directions.
- For firmer ice cream, cover and freeze for several hours).